Wednesday, November 26, 2008

rain, rain, go away

i really wish it had.

this morning around 2.30 my family and i arrived in valencia. for the duration of our visit we will be staying at the house of some friends of my sister and brother-in-law. when they were first living in california they met this nice family and have been friends ever since. but by the time we got to their house, i didn't care where we were just so long as i wasn't driving any more.

why, you ask?

well, for some strange reason i decided that i needed to get up at 5 on tuesday morning. i think it had something to do with wanting to finish packing or something that made sense until i was staring at the business end of an alarm clock. shudder. i had also gotten to work late the day before and so when i was ready early i decided to go to work and make up some of that time. i went to work at 7.30. around 11, my mom was supposed to come get me so we could all (mom, dad and brother) drive to la.

11 comes, no mom.

12 comes, no mom.

12.30, i call to see what's going on. they're in salt lake waiting for my dad's meeting to get out.

1 comes, no mom.

1.30 i get a call and they're downstairs from my work waiting for me.

so then we have to go to my brother's house to drop off some of his stuff. and then i realize that i left something at my house and need to pick it up before we leave. and then we get gas and grab lunch. and then we leave provo for our 11-12 hour drive.

at around 12.15 my mom pulls off the freeway and asks if i can drive because she's so tired she's started seeing double. no problem. for some other really weird reason, i'm still awake and have been since i woke up at 5 tuesday morning. we were already in california, not too far from hour destination, maybe an hour and a half away.

but then it started raining.

and we started hydroplaning.

i honestly don't think i have ever sweated so much in my life. and no, you didn't really need to know that particular fact.

all in all, we arrived safely and i only tried to go up one off-ramp when we had to turn around. we arrived at 2.30 (as i already said) and promptly spent about an hour talking about random things with christianna. meh.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I am glad you made it safe! Happy Thanksgiving!