Thursday, October 29, 2009

calling

i finally got a calling in my ward. i avoided it for about a year and a half, but then some uppity guy in my ward decided that i needed to teach sunday school. actually, it's okay, we're still friends.

so i teach gospel doctrine, now. my first lesson was on the 11th, called "a mission of saving." it was about rescuing the martin and willie handcart companies.

i was freaked out of my gourd to teach.

it went well, i'm told. my roommates and that guy told me that i am a very sincere teacher. i showed a video and then we read a bunch of quotes. it was fun.

i'm still freaked out of my gourd for the next one, though.

4 comments:

christianna said...

the phrase is, "bored out of my gourd", silly. i'm not sure what you're supposed to be freaked out of ...

Jared said...

Well that's exciting. It would be fun to be there for one of your lessons (fun because I think you'd do a good job and It'd be interesting)

matti kaye said...

i can be freaked out of my gourd if i want. watch me.

christianna said...

not sure anyone wants to see that, dude.