Tuesday, June 17, 2008

i'm gettin' married in a month

i don't know which month.

so i have this roommate that always used to say that. and now that she is really engaged, no one really believes her. but i still think it's funny. my roommate, amy brower, is engaged to david armstrong. they were dating for about a week before they decided to get married. they are getting married august 27th. funny enough, this is my second roommate to go about getting married this way. last summer and now this one. weird.

but then today i also got a call from one of my best friend's in high school asking for my address so she could send me a wedding announcement. she - unlike my roommate - has been dating this guy for about three years, i think. she's getting married july 10th.

sometimes i feel like all my close friends are entering that noble state (my other best friend from hs is already married). i don't yet know if i feel left behind, or if i'm still satisfied with my life. i'm okay with not being married, i don't feel like i'm old enough to. though, i sometimes act like i'm about five so it stands to reason. meh. we'll see.

6 comments:

Jared said...

Congratulations on your announcement! When the time is right, just be sure to tell us which month so we can come :)

It's good to see you typing again.

matti kaye said...

you actually saw me typing? creepy!

inge said...

oh matti kaye. you have plenty of time!
and then some awesome man will see your awesome-ness and the two of you will be awesome together. :)

matti kaye said...

i didn't mean to make it sound like i'm sad it isn't me. i wouldn't mind getting married, but i still feel like i should be in high school another few years. only old people get married.

Jared said...

Would you describe these old people as "oldy poldies" perhaps?

matti kaye said...

...perhaps. why, would you be offended?

no offense!