Wednesday, July 9, 2008

amy

i flew to la tonight. my flight attendant was really funny and put me in a really good mood by his sense of humor. unfortunately, the good mood didn't last.

as i was getting off the plane i got a call from amy, my roommate. she asked me when i would coming home and i told her a week.

she told me she is moving out this weekend. going home to idaho falls.

while i'm gone.

in la.

i haven't seen her since last week, wednesday. i told her that was fine and that she needed to drive safe. she told me to come visit her.

once we got off the line, i started to cry. for some reason too little sleep and bad news don't mix well. i got off the plane last and went in search of my luggage, hoping no one noticed the ninny-ness of me. got to the baggage claim, walked immediately outside so that i could cry in the semidarkness. called my mom and talked to her about it. she didn't really agree with me when i said it was the best thing for amy, but she let me cry. she told me to call my dad since he is always very calm. i told her that i usually am.

but then i had to get off the phone and find my bag so that i could meet my brother-in-law, clint. i also had to stop crying so that clint wouldn't think me a ninny. by the time he got there i had stopped crying enough that i don't think he knew that i had been. we drove to his house and i got to see eden, flynn and cami.

we joked and had some fun before going to bed. the end. :)

2 comments:

Jared said...

Yous not a ninny, and that's final.

matti kaye said...

thanks, jared. still felt like one, but i'm glad to know i'm not.