Wednesday, July 9, 2008

grrr

okay, i'm going to complain a little bit...

i'm flying to la tonight. right after work. as such i needed to do laundry last night. being me, i waited until the night before i left to do said laundry.

about 10 o'clock last night my roommate came in from wherever she had been, grabbed her purse and the mail key, and then left again with her friend who is leaving for a month. now see, the mail key has the laundry key attached, but i didn't think much of it.

because of cleaning checks this saturday, i had to clean my room before i left for la. so i started doing that. around midnight, my roommate still wasn't home. she still had the mail key. so i just started working on something else. i brought everything i needed to pack that was not laundry into the front room with my suitcase so that when i finished my laundry, i could just put everything in and zip it up.

1 o'clock, still no roommate.

okay, i'll sit on the couch and wait for her. fell asleep. some time before 3.30 i heard a sound and sat up on the couch. didn't see anything. fell back asleep. heard the same noise again. sat up, this time sure that it was the door. still didn't see anything. lay back down. at 3.30 i woke up and decided that if she were to come home and i was asleep she wouldn't know what was up. so i got up and took a shower. got out about 4 and there she was. complaining that she was so stupid for having stayed up until 4 when she needs to work at 8.

whatever, where's the key?

she still had it. in fact, she had come home and seen me on the couch, but didn't think about it. she gave me the key and i put in the first loads of laundry (getting it all done in one go if i could). when i came back she apologized profusely and said that she would put it in the dryer for me so that i could sleep. i told her it was fine and she didn't need to do that since i would need to finish packing tonight.

then i went to put everything in the dryers. came back to my apartment. discovered that i had locked the door on accident. i had also left my phone in the apartment so i couldn't call my roommate. fine. she hadn't been asleep that long. i rang the bell. nothing. rang it again. nothing. made a whole lot of noise for about ten minutes. still nothing. fine! she had probably fallen asleep (she was the only one home). so i climbed in through the window.

hurt my stomach, have the bruises to prove it.

at this point i was pretty tired and irritable. angry is a better term for how i was feeling. but whatever, i just was ready for the night to end. since i still had some time before i needed to pick up my clothes to fold them, i decided to get on my computer and check my email or something, just to stay awake. but the internet wasn't working. i went into my roommate's room to powercycle the wireless router.

she was still awake.

her light was still on. she sat up and looked at me. but she didn't have the look of someone who had just woken up. or really even someone who had been dosing. she was fully awake. which means she had to have heard all the noise i made earlier, but chose not to come open the door.

now i can understand if you think it's scary to open the front door of your apartment at 5 in the morning when you don't have a way to find out who's there before you open the door. but if it were me, i would have been so mad that someone was making that much noise so early in the morning that i would have just opened the door to hit whoever it was.

but no. she didn't even do that.

i cannot tell you how angry i was. but i didn't say anything because i don't do that. i just finished with the router and left. i was livid!

finally got to sleep around 6.30, woke up at 8.30. now i'm at work and still mad at my roommate.

No comments: